The policy below aims to be clear and to empower you our clients to always feel informed with respect to your privacy.
Who we are
Information we collect
The type of information we collect may depend on the need for which it is collected and will be processed for that specific purpose only. Where possible, Crux Compliance will inform the client what information is required to be provided to us and what information is optional.
Crux Compliance may require the client’s consent; we may also supplement the information that is provided to us with information we receive from other sources for us to offer a more consistent and personalized experience in interactions with us.
Our contracted service providers may also require additional information from you and they will be subject to the same privacy regulations as we are subject to.
Use of information
Crux Compliance will use clients personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and agreed to. This may include:
- Providing compliance services and to carry out the transaction requested
- Confirming and verifying identity;
- For purposes of FAIS Ombud claims history;
- For purposes of corresponding with Regulators
- For purposes of corresponding with the regulator of the Financial Services Board
- For purposes of compliance monitoring
- For purposes of compliance reporting
- For the detection and prevention of fraud, crime, money laundering or other malpractice;
- Conducting market or customer satisfaction research;
- For audit and record keeping purposes;
- In connection with legal proceedings.
- Providing our services, to carry out the services requested and to maintain and constantly improve our relationship with our clients;
- Providing clients with communications in respect of Crux Compliance Practitioners and regulatory matters that may affect our clients;
- In connection with and to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or when it is otherwise allowed by law.
Disclosure of your information
Crux Compliance may disclose the client’s personal information to our service providers whose services or products we elected to use. Crux Compliance have agreements in place to ensure that they comply with our privacy terms and conditions.
We may also share your personal information with, and obtain information about you from third parties for the purposes listed in User Information.
We may also disclose your information where we have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of applicable legislation, the law or where it may be necessary to protect our rights.
Safeguarding your information
If we need to transfer your personal information to another country for processing or storage we will ensure that any party to whom we pass on your personal information will treat your information with the same level of protection as required from us.
Your rights to access and correction of your personal information
You can contact us at the numbers or addresses listed below and request the information you would like: